Grievance Procedures

If you believe your rights have been violated or if you have a grievance regarding any aspect of your treatment while receiving services at the Center you have the right to seek a satisfactory resolution. Individuals will be encouraged to use advocates or other assistants to assure their rights are protected.

The following steps should be followed in resolving a grievance:

  1. If you believe your rights have been violated, you should immediately report this to your counselor/therapist/supervisor. A Client Grievance Form is available to assist you in this step. This form is available in the Front Lobby or at any Satellite location. If you would like assistance with completing the Client Grievance Form, please ask any staff member.
  2. Discuss the problem with your counselor/therapist/supervisor. Give them the completed Client Grievance Form. They will gather the appropriate information and attempt to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
  3. If you do not reach a satisfactory resolution with the staff member within three (3) working days, you may schedule an appointment with the Program Director to discuss the problem. The Program Director will attempt to resolve the matter to your satisfaction within five (5) working days. If you are not satisfied with the solution of the Program Director, you may give a copy of your Client Grievance Form to the Executive Director, who will make a decision within five (5) working days.
  4. In the event that you feel your counselor/therapist/supervisor has violated your rights, you may go directly to the Program Director to discuss your concerns.
  5. If you are not satisfied with the decision of the Executive Director you may have your grievance reviewed by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Iroquois Mental Health Center. A representative of this Committee will meet with you, the Executive Director and the Program Director. They will present to you the resolution in writing within ten (10) days. The decision of the Board is final.
  6. If you feel you need an advocate, you may invite an individual of your choice to assist you. If you do not feel your grievance has been satisfactorily resolved, you may ultimately register a complaint with any of the following:

    Guardianship and Advocacy Commission
    East Central Regional Office
    423 South Murray Road
    Rantoul, Illinois 61866-2155
    (217) 892-4611

    Equip for Equality
    115 N. Neil, Suite 209
    Champaign, Illinois 61820
    (800) 537-2632

    Department of Mental Health & Disabilities
    405 William Stratton Building
    Springfield, Illinois 62765
    (800) 843-6154

    Department of Children and Family Services
    806-B, E. Walnut
    Watseka, Illinois 60970
    (815) 432-5218

    Abuse & Neglect Hotline
    (800) 252-2873

  7. You will not be denied, suspended or terminated from services or have services reduced for filing a grievance or for exercising any of your rights. You will not be subject to any retaliation if you request an appeal of the grievance decision.